Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When All Else Fails, Read the Directions....Video #1



Here's the first of 12 video trailers for my new book. The instructions from my son-in-law Noah, were explicit: each video, no matter how shticky, must have content. So I set up 12 story boards of content and then built the scenery and plot (?) around the content.

[Video 1: man in trench coat; U.S. flag in background]
After all the editing of the book was done by Jossey-Bass, lo and behold....the first lines of the book were a terrific quote from my father. To say the least, I was quite emotional. When Dr. Frank Pittman read and endorsed my book, he said...."This book is the directions". I was really honored, because he's a renowned Psychiatrist and prolific author....ie "Marriage isn't supposed to make you happy, it's supposed to make you married!"

Like I state at the end of the video, this book (and video) is not supposed to be a monologue, but rather a conversation......so Please keep in touch!

0 comments: